So I love Dr. Martens. And I love Adventure Time.
When the collaboration was announced in a Solestruck newsletter, I knew I’d be making a purchase. But I strategized, you see. I didn’t want to pay full price, so I exercised my deep level of patients. And when they moved to final clearance–well, I let looks. Just look at these:
Reasons I think this rock:
- Adventure Time. Seriously. That should be enough.
- Dr. Martens. You know, the legendary shoe brand I think every person should wear at least once in their life? You didn’t? Now you do. Comfortable and functional.
- Yellow. I’ve been on such a huge yellow kick this year. Green may be my favorite color, but I don’t own nearly as much yellow as I think I should. It’s bright and makes you think of the sun that’s disappearing as Chicago moves into winter.
- Jake from Adventure Time. The best character ever. A shapeshifting dog that alters between Korean and English on a dime, seems to be an awesome dad and has a great sense of humor? Winner.
- How can you not want shoes with a fist? Said fist has a velcro backing that makes the shoes grip your ankle better. That way, you don’t deal with that awkward “the sole’s too heavy but I already paid for these” situation. Not that I speak from experience…
For $100, I’m a happy camper. These are long-lasting boots that instantly break the ice. I can only hope some other collaborations are in the works. I’d love to rock some Jem and the Holograms Dr. Martens. Original cartoon. Not the movie that shall never be discussed…ever.
Hey, a girl can dream, right?