Everyone knows how slippery the line can be when it comes to ethics around product reviews. I do accept product review requests for my website, however, please take the following into consideration before you reach out to me:
- I have a deep sense of brand loyalty. One I find something that works, I don’t usually try something different unless that changes. So while I appreciate something that might be a “great dupe” for something else—it’s not of interest.
- Skincare/beauty, technology, and music/pop culture are the only areas I like to focus my reviews on. In the past, I’ve reviewed a variety of products out of pure curiosity. However, I’ve since narrowed my focus and will not consider other topics at this time.
- I will give my honest feedback. I don’t sugar coat my thoughts, so a free/sponsored review does not equate to guaranteed positive feedback. That does not mean I won’t be respectful.
- I am transparent about sponsored content. I feel like this should go without saying, but don’t ask me to lie about receiving something. That’s the quickest way to add yourself to my blacklist.
- Don’t send something without contacting me first. If I haven’t explicitly accepted your proposal and signed an agreement (hard copy or digital), I will not guarantee a review.
Anything sent to me that does not abide by the previously mentioned rules will result in one of the following:
- Donation to someone/an organization of my discretion. If I can’t use it/it doesn’t apply to me, I’ll find someone who can.
- Be sent back.
Business inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.